Sunday, December 26, 2021

AOC tweeted link to Boebert photo

AOC tweeted a link to this image

The lady with the demonic smile surrounded by her children, who appear to be carrying military grade weapons.  All of them are clearly under 18.  The youngest looks like he's about 6.  The family's name is supposedly Boebert


 Do these people consider themselves Christian?

My tweet in response




text of my tweet: When pagans holding phallic totems in front of a pre-Christian symbol of the winter solstice claim to be Christians, it sounds like the sort of thing that would bring down the apocalypse in vengeance.

Some years back there was a news item about someone finding bullet casings on the ground and concluding that perhaps a group of gun activists might have gathered and shot bullets into the air.  I'm searching for this news item.  I can't find it.

In any case, my reaction at the time was that this type of event -- where people gather to shoot guns -- is a gathering of phallically insecure men who staged a symbolic mass masturbation.  

Somehow, my Freudian style observations about people who are obsessed with guns is not gaining a foothold in the national consciousness.

Sometimes in the past things that I've said have seemed turned out to circulate widely -- not attributed to me, and possibly arising from other sources simultaneously by coincidence.  Even tho some people have told me that they agree with my Freudian style analysis, I haven't seen it repeated generally.  Perhaps it makes people too squeamish to say these things.

I find that I have a persistent fantasy that something I say will go viral and make me famous.  Actually, fame is over-rated.  Especially in this case, inviting the attention of angry, armed people could endanger my life -- so maybe it's just as well that no one notices that I'm saying these things -- but, still, I fantasize that what I say might get attention.

Of course, I think that people who engage in mass shooting incidents are often fantasizing the same thing, which is why I have supported the #nonotoriety movement -- that the press should pay less attention to these incidents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment