Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Suspected side effects of CBD oil

I took CBD oil in July of 2018 for neuropathy caused by an anticancer medication

The first thing I noticed was that my thumb started triggering again. I had that treated with a cortisone injection two months earlier, which had worked. Then the triggering stopped again after I stopped taking the CBD oil

The second thing I noticed was some strange little bumps on the soft skin right where my inner thighs join my crotch. Again, these bumps, not itchy btw, but sort of hard, disappeared when I stopped the CBD oil

I'm not sure if the CBD helped with the neuropathy, because I also reduced the dose of my cancer med at that point, which also reduced the neuropathy. And I restarted my B12, which my neurologist recommends for neuropathy

My neuropathy wasn't super painful, more tingly

Fortunately, my oncologist put me on a new cancer med that doesn't cause neuropathy

I still have some residual neuropathy from my chemo in 2014, and from some spinal stenosis, but it's minor compared to what I was experiencing this summer on the prior cancer drug

So I don't 100% know that these side effects (thumb triggering and skin bumps) were caused by the CBD, but I strongly suspect so

Also, I spoke with a guy who sells CBD and he told me I was taking too much, so I took less

The high concentration stuff is pricey. Fortunately, I found one that was only flavored with peppermint oil. Some of them have sweeteners and fruit flavorings. The stuff doesn't taste that bad tho

There's another type of cannabis derivative called terpenes. This guy who sold the stuff said the terpenes were important. The stuff I bought didn't have them, though. That might have been part of the issue. But, fortunately, the neuropathy got better from stopping that one drug anyway.

Also, I visited a new yoga class that gave me some ideas for postures that would help, which has alleviated some of the spinal stenosis issues




No comments:

Post a Comment